[pmwiki-users] potential conflict notice: WikiCalendar and publish

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 12 10:25:10 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:19:37PM +0200, ThomasP wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just had a look at the WikiCalendar code and saw quite a few occurrences of
>
> $action == 'publish'
>
> in it. It does not seem however that these references have anything to do
> with the new Pmwiki publish functionality. There is quite a chance here
> that this might develop into a conflict in the long run.

Actually, I don't have any intent of creating ?action=publish in
the core, so we're likely pretty safe.  This is also a case where
"?action=publish" in WikiCalendar _far_ predates anything I ever
did with publishing -- I believe it was first created in 2003
(and perhaps even 2002).

> Related to this I would like to kick off a reminder once again in case
> some are planning to write recipes or are just publishing them:
>
> It is useful to
>
> a) either make sure that all functions and variables in "public contact"
> (i.e. directly interacting with pmwiki) are defined in a recipe specific
> way, i.e. with prefixes

Yes, a very good idea.

> b) to inform about what you have used such that the pmwiki commnunity can
> get aware of it. (A good page for actions is PmWiki.AvailableActions for
> example, where all pmwiki actions but also (hopefully all) recipe actions
> are listed.)

Also, a good idea, however, I'm not sure that recipe actions belong in
PmWiki.AvailableActions.  I think I'd rather have a
Cookbook.AvailableActions for that (and it could go ahead and
list the core actions as well).