[pmwiki-users] PresenceAwareness issues

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:59:47 CDT 2007

gary garcia wrote:
> I installed PresenceAwareness as per the cookbook recipe and set it up so
> that users can self-register with edit rights to the group "Main" no
> problem. But three functions are not working correctly.
>
> First I edited the sidebar with
>
> * [[Main.HomePage ?action=login | Login]]
> * [[ Main.HomePage ?action=logout | Logout]]
> * [[Main.HomePage ?action=newuser | Create Account]]
> * [[ UserList | User List]]
>
> So that users could login, logout, and create new accounts. I think this is
> where I when wrong, but I have not yet found/learned what the error is.
>
> Problem #1
> Anyway the first issue  is when a user login's the screen display's
> "Insufficient privileges to perform action."
> The user is login'ed and can edit, but this error message occurs. Also the
> user is forced to return to the Main.HomePage.
>
> The error message does not occur during an Admin login
>
> Problem #2
> User list on the UserList page I have (:xajax:) but all I get is
> USER
>     >

> I have opened multiple firefox instances and logged in as different people
> but the User is is never populated
> and the local/.onlineusers file is never created.
>
> As far as I can tell I have javascript enabled.
>
> --
> gary garcia
> gary.garcia1 at gmail.com <mailto:gary.garcia1 at gmail.com>

I am new here, using pmWiki, but I'll ask the following questions:

- Did you install the UserAuth recipe? It is required by
PresenceAwareness to run.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAuth PresenceAwareness.

I was going to use UserAuth but opted to go with UserAuth2. With
UserAuth2 I am able to use the PresenceAwarenessLight but not with the
PresenceAwareness recipe.

So, if you did not install the UserAuth recipe that may well be your
problem. If you did install it, sounds like you did not from what you
are saying, then there is a problem with UserAuth and PresenceAwareness
running together. Better for Author to jump in and help resolve the problem.

This is how I coded my logic for login,out services..etc
(PresenceAwarenessLight do not implement new user registration but you
get the idea):

%comment% ------------------------------------------------
(:if auth admin:)
*'''Admin'''
** [+[[{$FullName}?action=admin | $[Admin tool] ]]+]
** [+[[Site/InterMap]]+]
** [+[[WebSiteHost?action=totalcounter | Statistics]]+]
** [+[[WebSiteHost?action=recipecheck|Recipe Check]]+]
** [+[[UserAuth2.EditUserQuickReference|UserAuth2 Rules]]+]
** [+[[WebSiteHost?action=phpinfo|PHPinfo]] +]
(:if:)
[[<<]]

(:if loggedin:)
* [[Logout ({$AuthId}) -> Site.Login?action=logout]]
* [-[[Change your Password ->
$ScriptUrl?action=pwchange&tool_username={$AuthId}]]-]
(:if:)
(:if ! loggedin:)
* [[Login -> Site.Login]]
(:if:)