[pmwiki-users] userauth2 AbyssWebServer versus Apache (XAMPP) webserver error AND suggestions

Peter K.H. Gragert p.k.h.gragert at skyaccess.nl
Thu Jun 14 02:21:26 CDT 2007

The error finally found:

After login with correct username and password the  regeneration of the
$_SESSION variable after a Redirect($pagename,$urlfmt); (in pmwiki.php) is
different AbyssWebServer  gives all values back Apache (locally by me yet)
not (e.g. username admin is missing). So now I have to look at this wrong
behaviour of the Apachewebserver (maybe some 'different' initialization? If
you know, let me know ;-) )

Suggestions.

This was only possible using a debug class, such that I could stop and see
what happens. Using an editor and a local webserver (only). My php debugging
facility is on my Vista PC not yet running . and if you do not have one (see
another post . ) Interested (what is built in)?

Furthermore I learned at the JavaRanch that an if-else  clause  should
ALWAYS written like (if analogue without else naturally!)

If (condition){

   Actions;

} else {

   Other actions;

}

Which is NOT done at a lot of place if Actions is only ONE command, which
gave errors ins not realizing (too less attention given)

And as this discussion shows, very often strange behaviour is to be
explained . meaning as usual, debugging is needed.

The extra curly brackets and newlines are peanuts in parsing time needed by
PHP.

Greetings

        PKHG