[pmwiki-users] insert a counter

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:47:07 CDT 2007

It looks like you may have a malformed URL

On the original site:
   http://perso0.free.fr/cgi-bin/wwwcount.cgi?df=claire.dodin.dat&dd=C

On the Wiki site
   http://perso0.free.fr/cgi-bin/wwwcount.cgi?df=claire.dodin.dat&dd=C?

Notice the trailing question mark. These marks indicate a new
key/value in the URL, and probably cause the web site generating the
counter to complain. Try removing that last question mark and see if
that helps.

Do you need that counter specifically? I'm sure somebody in the PmWiki
community has a wiki-based counter that you can use to replace the
GIF-based counter.

Regards,
Ben Wilson

On 6/19/07, jdd <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> I want to move my daugther web site to PmWiki to allow her to do updates.
>
> I solved yet most problems, but I'm stick on one. I have a page visit
> counter, see here at the bottom of the page:
>
> http://claire.dodin.net/claire_uk_new.html
>
> when I copy this counter on PmWiki (here on the sidebar)
>
> http://claire.dodin.net/data/?n=Site.SideBar
>
> * if I include a format=.gif it displays the frame but not the count
> * If I don't include it it displays the link only (to the right counter!)
>
> what can I do?
>
> thanks
> jdd
> --
> http://www.dodin.net
> http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill