[pmwiki-users] Site.AuthList Questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 20 15:44:58 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 09:52:13AM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> has anyone else gotten AuthList to work?
> Perhaps my expectations are wrong... the results returns
> the list of protected page alright, but the read and edit
> passwords are not displayed... we only see four **** in each field
> where we were expecting to view the actual passwords displayed.

PmWiki doesn't have the cleartext passwords anywhere -- it
only stores encrypted versions.  AuthList is primarily intended
to indicate what pages and groups have restrictions set upon
them, but it doesn't provide a way to recover passwords
(because PmWiki itself doesn't have a way to recover the cleartext).