[pmwiki-users] userauth2 AbyssWebServer versus Apache (XAMPP) webserver error AND suggestions

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 18:09:44 CDT 2007

ThomasP wrote:
> On Thu, June 14, 2007 09:21, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:
>> The error finally found:
>>
>> After login with correct username and password the  regeneration of the
>> $_SESSION variable after a Redirect($pagename,$urlfmt); (in pmwiki.php) is
>> different AbyssWebServer  gives all values back Apache (locally by me yet)
>> not (e.g. username admin is missing). So now I have to look at this wrong
>> behaviour of the Apachewebserver (maybe some 'different' initialization?
>> If
>> you know, let me know ;-) )
>>

> Interesting. We have the session revival error quite a while and now we at
> least know that it might be specific to the web server. (I have tried to
> debug this (meaning: to remove the error) with much effort but without
> success, and was on the verge of including a custom session support. I
> would like to tell the solution, but it is not in sight.)
>
>> Suggestions.
>>
>> This was only possible using a debug class, such that I could stop and see
>> what happens. Using an editor and a local webserver (only). My php
>> debugging
>> facility is on my Vista PC not yet running . and if you do not have one
>> (see
>> another post . ) Interested (what is built in)?
>>

> See my personal mail also. I have used my own debug facility debugMsg (see
> my Profile page) which was sufficient for me. I'm glad to take
> recommendations on good tools for the future and for users still to come.
>

>> Furthermore I learned at the JavaRanch that an if-else  clause  should
>> ALWAYS written like (if analogue without else naturally!)
>>

>> If (condition){
>>
>>    Actions;
>>
>> } else {
>>
>>    Other actions;
>>
>> }
>>
>> Which is NOT done at a lot of place if Actions is only ONE command, which
>> gave errors ins not realizing (too less attention given)
>>

> What does "which gave errors ins not realizing (too less attention given)"
> mean? Are there errors which I dont know about?
>
> I usually try to compress the look of the code to a considerable extent,
> because I dont like scrolling and rather appreciate overview. (Only
> variable naming escapes this desire, for documentary purposes.) With
> UserAuth2 this is also partially as adaption to the standard pmwiki code
> look. ;)
>
> Thomas

Thomas, you may want to look at WaterProof's PHPEditor. They have
implemented Xdebug not to long ago. It already can use DBG. I think they
have a clean debugger now with their current snapshots. It is now
working like the Java debuggers I have used. You can get a free license
from them if you are going to use for personal use as I do. You do not
get any of the full features that is in their non-free product but most
features are not an necessity, at least for me.

When they release the next version which will incorporate all of the
current snapshots I plan to reach into my wallet to buy. I am only
responding to your comments on debugging.

Main page:
http://waterproof.fr

Latest snapshots (June 14th, 2007, 9:26am - Build #4946):
http://snapshots.waterproof.fr/phpedit

Debugger information:
http://doc.waterproof.fr/phpedit/debugging_profiling/usage

PHPEdit Licensing and Pricing: Non commercial use
http://www.waterproof.fr/products/PHPEdit/buy-personal.php

Does not hurt to look at it.

--
Thanks in Advance...          http://weconsulting.org