[pmwiki-users] is this a bug ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 25 11:55:06 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:47:39AM -0500, Prasad Burra wrote:
> The first time I click edit button, it asks for 'passwd' - Working.
> After entering the passwd, successfully edited the content and saved it.
>
> so far so good.
>
> The very next time, I click the edit button, it doesnt ask for  passwd any more.
> even if I close the window and start a new session...it doesnt ask for passwd..
>
> could you help me if I am making some mistake some where.

Did you close _all_ of the browser windows that were open?  If any browser
windows remain open, the session remains open.

> By design, I think, when the save button/ cancel button is clicked,
> the status of passwd should become 'some null' so that next editing
> will again ask for passwd.

This could be done if you wish -- but it hasn't been frequently requested.
Most people simply want to enter the password once and have it continue
to be in effect until they log out.