[pmwiki-users] search: only search in pagenames

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Tue Jun 26 07:26:18 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen schrieb:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:55:59AM +0200, noskule wrote:
>> Kathryn Andersen schrieb:
>>> name=*Foo*
>> hm, this would work for a pagelist eg (:pagelist name=Foo:) with fixed
>> search string, but I need it for a searchbox, where the users choose the
>> searchstrings.
>>
>> Is there a way to do it with searchboxes too?
>
> Searchboxes take all the same arguments as pagelists.  Don't forget to
> put the wildcards in, or it will just find one page, the one whose name
> is Foo.  If you want pages starting with Foo, then you would go
> name=Foo*
>
> and you would get
>
> SomeGroup.Foo
> SomeGroup.FooBar
> OtherGroup.Foolish
>
> If you want to restrict the group as well, you would use the group=
> option.
>
> Kathryn Andersen

That wasn't quiet what I'm looking for, I now that the searchbox  takes
the same arguments as pagelist. But the diffrence is that the searchterm
 Is choosen be the user. So one user searches for "Foo" but another for
"Bar". So what should I write as name value if I dont no the search term?

Theoretically I could write (:searchbox name=<inputvalue>:) but this
doesn't work so far I now.

Anyway I don't no if this is best practice. The thing I basicaly want to
do, is search pages with a specific tag. So first I search for the tag
(category) and with a pagelist I list all linked pages with the link
attribute.

(:searchbox group=Category fmt=#LinkedPages specialarg=only-show-pagenames:)

and use pagelist to show the pages:

[[#LinkedPages ]]
(:pagelist link={=$FullName}:)
[[#LinkedPagesend]]

Do you have any Idea how to realize this?
grz nos