[pmwiki-users] Notify List Question

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jun 30 16:08:06 CDT 2007

John Morris schreef:
> Triad Skin
> SiteAdmin.NotifyList     - page contents
> notify=johnwmorrisjr at gmail.com   squelch=1000 (nothing else on page)
>
> Does this local assignment of squelch override the one in the
> local/config.php file?

Yes, it will. This seems not the case with the delay parameter
($NotifyDelay), which unfortunately can only be set in your config.php.

> Does the site require a special mail account?  Can mail be turned off?
> (assumed this did not use account access due to no password but used the
> server access)

I use my own mail account, not a special site mail account. That works
fine. I don't know if you can turn mail off altogether. Why don't you try?

> Second question here.... is there any special format for multiple lines of
> "notifyee's"?
> as in... terminate each line with a ";" maybe?

No ";" needed on Site.NotifyList for multiple notifies. I use something
like this:

notify=frits at wanadoo.nl trail=Profiles.Frits squelch=10800

notify=mark at orange.nl trail=Profiles.Frits squelch=5

> I saw comment lines in the doc page on pmwiki.org started with a pound
> symbol... that generated line numbers for me.

The ones with the pound symbols are for in you config.php...

Frits