[pmwiki-users] question about sidebar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 12:42:50 CST 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 01:29:46PM -0500, Sandy wrote:
> Xueli Wang wrote:
> > Hello everyone:
> >
> > I made a wiki page with sidebar on the left side of the window. One
> > thing I don't understand is that why the text in the sidebar is kept
> > very short. For instance "ECMWF archive" I want it written on one line
> > but it writes it on two lines.
> > How can I control this.
> > Any suggestion is welcome!
>
> Can you give us the link so we can see it? I suspect the skin sets the
> width of the sidebar to something narrower than you want. The fix
> depends on how the skin is doing this.

Also, you could try writing "ECMWF archive" instead (this inserts
a non-breaking space).  Or, on Windows systems, use ALT+0160 on the
numeric keypad to enter a non-breaking space instead of a normal one.

Another possibility might be to put >>white-space=nowrap<<
at the top of the sidebar page.

Still another possibility (depending on the skin used) might
be to place the following in pub/css/local.css

    #wikileft { white-space: nowrap; }