[pmwiki-users] Alalike Skin - Right Sidebar

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 13:19:11 CST 2007

Thursday, March 1, 2007, 6:54:19 PM, Sandy wrote:

> Check out the Triad skin for how to do it.

Triad is a 3 column table based skin design.
Alalike as I make out is not  table based.
It seems to put the Site.SideBar on the left,
and a Group.SideBar on the right.
Triad puts the SideBar on the left, and a
RightBar page on the right.

so I think Alalike has already what Trompa is looking for:
a Group.SideBar for the right. If you need a sitewide page instead on
the right, you need to change the skin template:
change
    <!--PageRightFmt-->
    <!--/PageRightFmt-->
    <!--PageRightFmt-->
    <!--/PageRightFmt-->

and to allow Group.SideBar pages, which will override a Site.SideBar
page, change
    <!--wiki:$SiteGroup.SideBar-->
    <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar $SiteGroup.SideBar-->
and change in alalike.php Group.SideBar to Group.RightBar.

Then you can use Site.SideBar and Site.RightBar for sitewide pages
left and right, or in addition use GroupName.SideBar and/or
GroupName.RightBar for group specific left and right sidepages.

The div id's could be tidied up as well, to reflect the name changes,
but you need to do that consistantly both in the template and in the
css files.

Hans