[pmwiki-users] Page break when printing

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Mar 2 09:20:11 CST 2007

> Actually, I was surprised to find this here also -- I would've
> expected it in the cookbook.

The average non-technical user, not html/css-savvy, perceives a Hard
Page Break as a "command" you give to the machine, and not a pure
"style".
Be it a GUI button (like M$Word) or a (:markup:) of any %kind%, it is
mostly perceived as "a command you put into a page which let the
printer jump and feed a new sheet of paper" (this is literally the
explanation that my colleague gave to me, when asked for in a live
random test).

I personally suggest to move it to (or at least reference it from) a
more suitable page.
One where dummy users (like me :-) would expect to find it.

Luigi

P.S. This thread of mines grew on the attempt to convince my little
cousin to adopt pmwiki (instead of M$Word) for her university papers.
Does anybody have live experience on this? Suggestions, advices,
warnings...?