[pmwiki-users] Calender double click edit

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Sun Mar 4 07:49:36 CST 2007

Dr Fred C wrote:
> In PMCalendar, is there a way to make it so when you double click a
> calendar date that it automatically goes to the edit mode, regardless of
> whether it has or doesn't have a event scheduled?
>
> It seem counter productive/intuitive to have to click on a date that has
> an event, then to have to move somewhere else and click edit to change
> something.  A double click would seem to cover any date one might want
> to edit, whether it's a clean date or not.

I don't think it's counter productive/intuitive at all... but no matter.
(in other words, it works like a wiki should)

Right now, PmCalendar creates links to pages... whether the page
exists or not.  This gives the "intuitive" result of trying to edit
pages that do not exist, or viewing entries that do exist.  For
a person no authorized to do editing, this would be the expected
behavior for viewing entries.  A non-logged in user would not
be able to click on links for which there are no entries.

To get what you are wanting, you could change the action (I think)
for viewing to allow followed links to do an edit, but that would
apply globaly to the page/group.... which might not be desirable.

I can look into what it would take code wise to do the "double-click
edit" feature.