[pmwiki-users] Problem "Disabling" Select options . . .

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 15:44:26 CST 2007

Monday, March 5, 2007, 9:11:34 PM, Ben wrote:

> I am currently working on a recipe and was working with (:input
> select:) I wanted to disable some selections so that they are
> informational only:

> (:input select name=abc 1 alpha:)
> (:input select name=abc 2 beta:)
> (:input select name=abc disabled='disabled' 2 Fred:)
> (:input select name=abc 3 theta:)

> However, when implementing, the disable affects all options, not just
> the one disabled. Thoughts?

I don't know what the disabled= does in the markup processing.
It seems to kill the process.
The markup processing expects a value= .

Do you want to display "Fred" in the selections, but disable any
action resulting from selecting "Fred", or do you wish to hide the
markup line, like commenting it (I know commenting does not work)?
It seems there can't be anything else but input select lines, anything
else and the select gets split into two select boxes.

Disabling an action should be as simple as changing the name:
(:input select name=abc-disabled 2 Fred:)

Hans