[pmwiki-users] password problem after changing server

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:19:14 CST 2007

On 3/5/07, Pere Quintana Seguí <pere at quintanasegui.com> wrote:
> hello
>
> I'm running a website with an old version of pmwiki (how can I know
> the version?).

Version is displayed on the page PmWiki/PmWiki.

> Some weeks ago I moved it to a new server and the site is working.
>
> Today I tried to modify a page, but it said that the password is wrong.
>
> I went to check local/config.php and I was typing the correct password.
>
> What can be happening? Might it be a permissions problem?

Not to give offense, but I know that I sometimes overlook the obvious:
passwords are case-sensitive; did you rule out a caps-lock problem?
Is the problem the same from any computer?

What security scheme are you using - is it the default passwords
authentication, or did you  enable AuthUser, or install UserAuth, or
any other...?