[pmwiki-users] Simple AJAX chat?

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Mar 6 07:26:01 CST 2007

> I may look into setting up a simple ajax chat system.
> A friend in Vancouver show me some scripts for doing
> stuff with ajax, and it looked relatively doable.

Ajax, as far as I can witness (as a user), has its pros and cons.
I would not make a key feature to have an *ajax* chat, as long as the
chat works.

One thought: although one could possibly code anything starting from
the wiki, I thing that there might be some "specialized"  (and tested)
tools around: at times it would be easier and better just to provide
an integration, an interface, a plug, as a recipe.

Luigi