[pmwiki-users] PmWiki in Swahili, other languages?

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:09:19 CST 2007

Noting mention of translating PmWiki in another thread, and also that in the
i18n.tgz there are a lot more translated files for French than Spanish, and
somewhat more for pt-BR than pt (etc.), I wanted to ask what are the levels
of localization of PmWiki possible. In other words:

1) What is the minimum number of essential files to translate to have a
basic functioning interface in another language? Just the one at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/XLPageTemplate ? (Can it be that
"simple"?)

2) What other files (short of everything) would it be suggested to translate
in order to have greater levels of functionality? I'm not sure what I'm
asking here but am trying to get an idea of the scope of potential work -
feedback from anyone who has localized PmWiki in another language on their
experience would be of great interest.

Refs:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Internationalizations#CreatingNewTranslations
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Localization/Localization

I'm thinking that the resources are there to do a quick quality translation
into Swahili and perhaps a couple of languages of South Africa (for
starters).

Don