[pmwiki-users] disabling standard markup etc.

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 10:04:21 CST 2007

Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 3:35:26 PM, Seth wrote:

> are you saying that I should just create empty parameters, for example if I wish to
> disable some of the standard markup used for italics or bold?
> Or, for example, I changed to format of headings, but didnt want to break everything,
> so I changed the standard parameters from being 1 exclamation to 6, to being from 2
> exclamations to 6 (I am using !1! for heading 1 etc, so the one exclamation is in
> conflict). It is easy to add, hard to take away :).

you can change standard markup defined in scripts/stdmarkup by
defining it in config.php (give it the same name).
For instance:

## headings !! to !!!!!!
Markup('^!', 'block',
  "'<:block,1><h'.strlen('$1').PSS('>$2</h').strlen('$1').'>'");

Before you were talking about changing style sheets, and I responded
to that. For attributes defined in style sheet you cannot just create
empty definitions, like

em {font-weight:;}

you need to set new values, if you want to overrule a value set
before, or the browser's standard:

em {font-weight:600;}

Hans