[pmwiki-users] Ideas for PIM, GTD (Getting Things Done)

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Mar 6 20:27:03 CST 2007

Crisses wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Sandy wrote:
>
>> Given the popularity, I Googled PmWiki and GTD.
>> http://www.gtd-php.com/Profiles/Crisses . (I recognize the wiki engine!)
>>

> GTD-PHP is the other open-source project I'm on....
>
>  :)

project management always of interest here.
  I have a home grown one in the works in PMwiki

GTD has a number of "gaps" for our needs
-- collaborative environment;  there are no options for assigning to
team players
-- TO DO actions are more ephmeral for us while
--  documentation and reference pages are the primary "objects" in the
system...
-- Calendars are not that important, I just need a linear road map and
to know
that it's moving forward or not... very little is tied to actual dates.
-- and TO DO systems that force you to open a dialog and enter three
fields and click
several pull down menus and then submit, just to create check list
have always pushed my efficiency buttons =
"drives me nuts... why don't you just make a list!"

but I *do* like a couple of conceptual things GTD has working for it...
It would be
great to be able to add, to any given PMWiki page

Next Action --to move this project forward... but it is attached to
page, not a project as such
and these could be aggregated visually in a page list...)

Waiting On -- a frequent "pause" in a project requiring everyone to
"halt" but you often don't know
"what's happening, why are we all waiting...but my PM wiki skills-php
skills are not there... to
implement such "add on" to any given page...

Ideas?

Om shanti
(In  Peace)

Sivakatirswami