[pmwiki-users] ZAP future plans

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Mar 8 04:33:04 CST 2007

On 3/8/07, SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Editor wrote:
>
> > 4.  ZAPmail and ZAPnews will probably be merged as they have a good
> > bit of overlap, and I'd like to merge their capabilities.  That is,
> > I'd like to make it just as easy to schedule an individual email for
> > sending six months in the future, as it is to do that with
> > newsletters.
>
> thinking out loud here, why not factoring in a ZAPcron module?
> that would schedule and run an "arbitrary" command with cron-like syntax?

Actually zapnews does (can) use cron.  But it might be possible to
expand it to include a simple markup for automatic form submission,
which would allow you to execute any kind of zap form by cron.  This
would be good for deleting certain temp files, etc.  Example, delete
any files with names (timestamps) more than 6 months old in a given
directory, etc.

There may be other uses also, such as an automatic email verification,
so you just click a link, it goes to a page that finishes the new
member registration, and then forwards them to the next page.  I'm
sure there would be other uses for such a markup.

Good idea.

Cheers,
Dan