[pmwiki-users] Local notify list (Was: Hierarchical Notify Lists)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:37:07 CST 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, The Editor wrote:

> Can you put something on Site.NotifyList like:
>
> (:include GrpA.NotifyList:)
> (:include GrpB.NotifyList:)

The code shold probably rather be:

 	(:include {$Group}.NotifyList:)

However, I'm guessing that won't work, as I'm guessing that the notify
script only reads Site.NotifyList and doesn't parse any includes.

>>  One solution I considered was if in addition to Site/NotifyList, the
>>  notify script checked the current group for a similar page. That
>>  similar page would only be allowed to *add* to the notification list
>>  for the current group.
>
> This would be nice also, and easier of course, but require a core
> change...

Yes, I'm aware of that. Let's just see what Patrick thinks about it.
There's no immediate need on my behalf, I just had the thought.

/C

PS. As an aside, the group could have an attribute that lists additional
notification pages to check.