[pmwiki-users] ZAP future plans

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Thu Mar 8 12:01:07 CST 2007

Dan wrote,
> Here are some of the plans for the immediate future of ZAP.  If anyone
> has input, would like to add items to the wishlist, or has specific
> suggestions, feel free to provide input now.

Documentation!  Before you add any more features, I would love it if
you'd finish documenting what you've already got.  The current
Zapsite.org assumes too much prior knowledge of how ZAP works.  I've
been trying for months to get a simple lending library working with ZAP,
but I always get stuck and give up.

I'd like to see a conceptual overview: what ZAP does exactly; how it
goes about combining the incoming form data with the session data and
form elements in a page, because that is not obvious and not intuitive
even to veteran programmers, to the point that after months of using ZAP
I still don't understand how it works and what it is going to do in
various circumstances.

I also crave more specifics, like documentation of the (:zap:) tag
itself.  Currently if you look at any of the snippets, you see the
(:zap:) tag in use, but if you look for it in the Documentation you
can't find it.  That's not OK.  Every tag and every parameter needs to
be explained somewhere, and an index would be very helpful.

So since you asked, that's my wish list!  It's a great recipe, and I
look forward to someday being able to use it!  --Ben