[pmwiki-users] Secondary wiki / backup wiki?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 05:07:19 CDT 2007

The wiki I'm working with (wiki.lyx.org) suffered a problem for a week
because the host machine was down. In this situation it would have been
good to have been able refer people to a secondary wiki, or a backup wiki.

Has anyone tried to implement or use something like this?

I'm thinking of a system that quickly lets you set up the wiki on a second
machine, accept changes and then transfer these changes back to the
original machine when it gets back up again.

Best regards
/Christian

PS. The ideal solution would be if the wiki could be distributed across
two or more servers, and have the pages automatically synchronize. So that
if one of the servers go down, you can just go to the second server.