[pmwiki-users] Bug with pagelist?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 07:44:44 CDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 12:10:19PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> I think I might have come across another bug in pagelist.
>
> This code
> 	(:pagelist group=Test link=Category.TestCat1,Category.TestCat2 \
> 	 	   fmt=simple list=normal:)
>
> examplified here
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ListCategoryMatchingTwoCategories
>
> matches all the pages in the group. Should it really do this?

It's not a bug -- currently the link= parameter to pagelist
only accepts a single pagename value.

I am looking into the possibility of extending the link= parameter
to allow multiple page targets, and possibly even wildcards, but
I've been needing to get other refactors and improvements into the
pagelist code first.

> (What I wanted to do was list pages belonging to both of the two
> categories)

This also points out that there are conflicting interpretations
of link= when it has multiple arguments.  Some authors would want
link=Category.TestCat1,Category.TestCat2 to display pages
belonging to _either_ of the two categories.  So, we also need
to resolve that conflict somehow.

(By way of comparison, the argument group=PmWiki,Site displays
pages in either the PmWiki or Site group, not pages appearing in
both.)