[pmwiki-users] Bug with pagelist?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:11:03 CDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 12:10:19PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>> I think I might have come across another bug in pagelist.
>>
>> This code
>> 	(:pagelist group=Test link=Category.TestCat1,Category.TestCat2 \
>> 	 	   fmt=simple list=normal:)
>>
>> examplified here
>> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ListCategoryMatchingTwoCategories
>>
>> matches all the pages in the group. Should it really do this?
>
> It's not a bug -- currently the link= parameter to pagelist
> only accepts a single pagename value.

I'd like to add to my previous reply.

I think it's a bug in the behaviour of pagelist that it returns everything
when there is a syntax error. This is very time consuming. A few times
I've come across "(:pagelist:)" on pages, which lists *every* page. This
results in a large page that takes a long time to render it. Actually, if
a bad person inserted (:pagelist:) into the group header at pmwiki.org,
the site would probably grind to a crawl.

I think that when there's a syntax error, as in the example above, the
result should be just the literal directive. (Or a warning etc)

/Christian