[pmwiki-users] upgrading: some problems

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:58:36 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a phpwiki running. It's on version 1.3.4 and when I upgraded my
distribution to Debian Etch lately, phpwiki stopped serving me wiki
pages but opted for error messages instead. They probably have
something to do with php being upgraded, but I'm not too concerned
about *that*.

Since Debian now offers packages of phpwiki, I figured it's about time
to upgrade, using the Debian packages. apt-get install phpwiki
blablabla ...

Debian installs version 1.3.12p3. Now the question. having read
INSTALL.mysql, I concluded that normally phpwiki should upgrade the
database when you start load phpwiki in a browser. If not, you could
add ?action=upgrade to the url.

It doesn't work for me. I get asked to sign in. I enter the values of
ADMIN_USER and ADMIN_PASSWD in /etc/phpwiki/config.ini respectively.
The result:

Fatal Error:
lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:1032: Error:
WikiDB_backend_PearDB_mysql: fatal database error
 DB Error: no such table
 (SELECT prefs FROM pref WHERE userid='phpwiki' [nativecode=1146 **
Table 'phpwiki.pref' doesn't exist])

Fatal PhpWiki Error
lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:1032: Error:
WikiDB_backend_PearDB_mysql: fatal database error
 DB Error: no such table
 (SELECT prefs FROM pref WHERE userid='phpwiki' [nativecode=1146 **
Table 'phpwiki.pref' doesn't exist])

 Notice: Undefined property: WikiRequest::$_user in
/usr/share/phpwiki/lib/main.php on line 736
 DB Error: no such fieldDB Error: no such field

I did not forget to give the phpwiki mysql user create table/alter
table privileges.

Could someone give me a gentle push in the back please?

--
Frank Van Damme

This weekend, I've been mostly wearing geeky T-shirts.