[pmwiki-users] Page File Format: why? Tools to handle?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sat Mar 17 12:42:49 CDT 2007

Hello All (especially PM):

what were the reasons for the current method to store page markup text
(in one line, with newline and percent sign converted)?

It's somewhat hard to access this fomat from outside, e.g. diff and
merge.

The PhpWiki "dump" format (multipart MIME) is much "friendlier" in
this respect.

Before I start to hack an import filter for Beyond Compare: Are there
tools to convert, compare, edit the pages?

Maybe I'm simply using the wrong tools...

Oliver