[pmwiki-users] php 5.2.1 problem (serious)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 18 17:58:47 CDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:19:00PM -0400, Henrik wrote:
> 1. I am using PmWiki version 2.1.26
>
> 2. I have incrementally removed content from one of the pages that
> doesn't render, and there is a threshold under which it does render, not
> apparently associated with any specific wiki markup, just volume. So the
> truncated page
>
> http://www.dufferinpark.ca/cityrinks/wiki/wiki.php?n=DufferinParkRink.WinterDiary2006-2007
>
> renders, but the original (longer page)
>
> http://www.dufferinpark.ca/cityrinks/wiki/wiki.php?n=DufferinParkRink.WinterDiary2006-2007-original
>
> doesn't, even though there's lots of content:
>
> http://www.dufferinpark.ca/cityrinks/wiki/wiki.php?n=DufferinParkRink.WinterDiary2006-2007-original?action=source

Weird.  I notice that your PHP environment is running with memory limits enabled
(of 64MB) -- so perhaps PmWiki is hitting the memory limit.  This doesn't seem
likely, though, as 64MB is a huge amount of memory.

FWIW, the most I've ever seen a page require on pmwiki.org is 24MB.

What recipes are you running on the site?  Perhaps a recipe is
causing the difficulty.

Is there an error_log file somewhere for the site?  It might have some
very useful clues.