[pmwiki-users] i18n updates

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 20 13:06:19 CDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 06:23:30PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
> This list can also be used as a starting point for a better
> organization and separation of pmwiki.org contents and the pages in
> the distribution. I still think that pages for the distribution should
> be marked some way.

I'm generally in favor of this, at least for the non-English sets.
We can do it one of several ways:

1.  Any pages that are to be included in an i18n-xx.zip distribution
    could define a (:i18n:xx:) page text variable.  For example, any
    page (from any group, including Site.*) that belongs in the
    i18n-de.zip file would be tagged with (:i18n:de:).  My script
    that creates the i18n-xx.zip files would then use these
    tags to determine which pages belong in the distribution.

2.  Each language section could define a 'Manifest' page that identifies
    (as a trail) all of the pages to be included in the distribution.

3.  We could have a master 'I18N-Manifest' page on pmwiki.org that
    identifies the pages to be included in each language pack
    (as a wikitrail).