[pmwiki-users] New Hg breadcrumb/title system...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Mar 21 09:23:16 CDT 2007

I've been really thrilled by the new config system used in Hg to make
the breadcrumbs and group titles more flexible, and easy to manage.
If you haven't tried it yet, it's worth a look, as it could serve as a
model for other recipes.

For that matter, I should think about adding it to ZAP!

However I have another idea that might make it even simpler and more
powerful--just exploring it.  Currently, if in group
Kingdom-Animal-Canine, {$g2} returns Animal.  I'd like to extend it so
that {$G2} returns a title like formatted version of the group
(defined in the GroupTitles config page.  This would make it easier to
use in custom breadcrumbs, pagelists, and general formatting display
kinds of things.

No problem I can see with the code, but thought I would check to see
if this kind of thing syntax might cause a conflict with other
recipes, etc.  At least before I dived in and worked up the code...

Input?

Cheers,
Dan