[pmwiki-users] calendars and contact lists

Lindsay Todd toddr at rpi.edu
Thu Mar 22 07:55:44 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> Except for
> (a) speed (a function would probably be faster than a pagelist template)
> (b) if the format requires calculations or complex string processing

To which we can add:

(c) once I have a calendar formatting markup and function, I can get the
calendar data
through means other than a pagelist.  For instance, I might have a
static list of holidays,
or yet another markup for lunar holidays (Easter, or Hebrew or Muslim
holidays), etc.,
and have them formatted nicely.

R. Lindsay Todd                      email: toddr at rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer            phone: 518-276-2605
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute     fax:   518-276-2809
Troy, NY 12180-3590                  WWW:   http://www.rpi.edu/~toddr

The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are
solely those of the author. The message contents have not been
reviewed or approved by Rensselaer.