[pmwiki-users] Hello, I have an advanced template config/usage question

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 22 16:44:45 CDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 02:22:58PM +0100, axel_groll at selbst-doku.de wrote:
> *But how would you input the initial page creation date right into the
> template page???

Make a {$PageCreationDate} page variable.

(see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables, down the bottom)

$FmtPV['$PageCreationDate'] = 'strftime("%Y-%m-%d", $page["ctime"])';

Then you could put in the template

Date: {$PageCreationDate}

and it would use the page creation date when the page is displayed
(since the page creation date is saved in the page's metadata when the
page is created)

IMHO this is much better than a ROS pattern.

> *How would you include a page abstract paragraph right in the template?

How can you have a page abstract paragraph when you don't know what the
page is about until after it's created?  Are they expecting PmWiki to
have telepathic abilities?  Or do they mean something else by "page
abstract paragraph"?

Kathryn Andersen