[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Zap Quiz and Zap Grades

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Mar 23 15:02:41 CDT 2007

On 3/23/07, Paul Lewis <paull at usca.edu> wrote:
> Hi Caveman,
>
> I got Zap Quiz working. It's great!  But I don't understand the process
> of how to link the results a single Quiz  to the Grades application. Is
> that possible? If so, how?

If you can explain exactly what you want I'll see if I can't suggest
something.  The grades snippet uses a special ZAPextension command
that is quite powerful.  The Quiz snippet is just a creative use of
basic ZAP stuff.  There's no doubt someway to combine the two...

> Do you have any plans to combine these snippets. That would be killer
> app for our library instruction classes (and, of course, I can imagine a
> million other situations also).

See above.  Don't think of the snippets as individual solutions.  They
are just samples of the infinite number of ways you can mix and
combine the various ZAP commands at your finger tips.

That said, there's a bit of a problem with combining something like
Grade and Quiz, because you need the same field to give both a score
and an answer.  It would be quite easy to change the code to allow you
to enter something like

quiz_3=10|Answer B

and then the snippet splits it into to, calculates the score and saves
their answer where desired. That would solve the problem quite nicely,
and would be an easy change to the code.  I'll see if I can't get that
done soon.  Will that work for you?

> Thank you very much.
>
> Paul
>
> PS - I was unable to wget your main zap scripts at zapsite.org. I'm
> usually able to wget scripts from pmwiki.org with no problem and that
> has spoiled me rotten.

Don't know much about wget, but you can try the direct url if you like
by going to directory www.fast.st/zapbeta/uploads, if that helps at
all.

Cheers,
Dan