[pmwiki-users] A Would it Work? Question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Mar 24 05:55:44 CDT 2007

Saturday, March 24, 2007, 10:44:54 AM, Dave wrote:

> Suppose I create a Page1 in group Alpha which uses :include: to include
> information from several pages also named Page1 in other groups. On the
> server I would then copy Alpha/Page1 to Alpha/Page2 and, with an editor
> (like sed), change any references to Page1 in the file to Page2. If I
> then create a link in the wiki to Alpha/Page2, would the page exist?

You can rename the filenames of wiki pages, and the page will exists
with its new name in your wiki. To change the internal name (inside
the file) is not so important. PmWiki will sort this out when the page
gets edited at some point.

Link references inside the page will only work if either the pagename
is full: Group plus Name, or you have not moved th epage into a
differnet group , i.e. changed the Group part of the name.

In your example changing all internal references from Page1 to Page2
will also change references to pages in other groups with name Page1,
since now the links will point to Group.Page2 instead. So that may not
be what you desired.

Hans