[pmwiki-users] leading spaces switch for 2.2.0 (somewhat important)

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Sun Mar 25 23:04:56 CDT 2007

On 2007-03-25 Patrick R. Michaud is rumoured to have said:
> Still, it can always be done as a configuration variable, so that
> setting $EnableWSPre to a number such as 1, 4, or 8 results in requiring
> that number of leading spaces to treat lines as preformatted text.

If you went down this route, could you not use $EnableWSPre = 0 to
indicate no preformatted text generated by spaces?

If PmWiki shipped with $EnableWSPre = 1, then it would require no
changes on any existing sites, but admins who wanted to change the
behaviour could just set the number they wanted.

I also assume that you meant to say "requiring *at least* that number of
leading spaces".

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/