[pmwiki-users] Fox Update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 05:23:46 CDT 2007

Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 12:57:56 PM, malexism wrote:

>> ... which Fox can use to preprocess(filter) field values...

> Can this be use to allow FoxForum having topics names with dots and
> other symbols in a (:title:) and those symbols filtred in the page name ?

> Hem... Understand : I can't do it by myself.

Yes certainly. But I think it can be done without a custom filter as
well! :)

With th elatest version, just released, you can use this as a new
topic form on your Forum homepage:

(:fox form1 #top redirect=1 target={topic} foxgroup={$Group}:)
(:input text topic value="" size=30:) (:input submit post "Create New Topic":)
(:foxtemplate "(:title {topic}:)'''Messages posted: {$FoxPostCount}'''[[<<]]":)
(:foxend form1:)

It is important to specify foxgroup, in the fox markup as above, or as
separate hidden field. Then Fox will use this group, and will strip
dots etc from the topic name to create a valid target pagename.
The target page will get a (:title ..:) markup via the template line
with your title as entered.

Please note the latest Fox update is doing better field replacements,
allowing for checking of non-set empty fields like checkboxes, so
their names will not be treated like {var}.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox

enjoy!

Hans