[pmwiki-users] Zap & Warnings

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Mar 30 10:47:51 CDT 2007

On 3/30/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> On 3/29/07, the Other michael <xraysmalevich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just by chance did you put this in the sidebar or some other section
> > > besides the main page in the wiki?  That sometimes gives header
> > > warning messages.
> >
> > Nope, put it in the main bulk of a page (Sandbox). I am using the
> > Triad skin, if it makes any difference. And MarkupExtensions. And a
> > number of other recipes. ZAP is the last include state in the config
> > file. Also, running under IIS. I know that sometimes makes a
> > difference...
>

> Hi Other michael
>
> I posted a request to the devel list to see if anyone has an idea.
> I'm not sure what to say as I've never seen this error before and
> cannot replicate myself.  Perhaps it is an IIS thing...
>
> The fact you are getting the message "installation successful," does
> mean ZAP is installed and enabled properly.  Why it's throwing an
> error I don't know.
>
> You might try a couple other snippets and see if they all give the
> same message, or if it's only certain commands.  Also, you might try
> disabling other recipes or changing the skin to PmWiki to see if
> there's a conflict with one or the other.  Or move ZAP to the first
> recipe you enable.  Maybe something will make a difference.  If you
> could help narrow down the problem on your end it might speed things
> up on the debugging side here.
>
> If I hear anything on the devel list I'll let you know.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Evidently I made a mistake in the code when upgrading somewhere along
the way.  Line 62 should be rewritten to read:

if (isset($_POST[$field])) ZAPwarning("The \"$field\" field cannot be
processed this way. ");

(ie, $f -> $field)

Thanks to Pm for going beyond the call of duty *again* and not only
explaining what the error message meant but tracking it down and
solving the problem as well!  Wow.

I just uploaded a new version of ZAP.  However it might be best to
just make the change manually as I'm in the process of making a few
other revisions and will be making a slightly bigger release (nothing
major) in the next day or two.  Mostly some cool new features in
ZAPmarkup.  And hopefully debugging a couple other glitches in ZAPphp,
etc.

Cheers,
Dan