[pmwiki-users] Authorization and timeouts

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Fri Mar 30 23:13:51 CDT 2007

Hi Dave,

from my "recent experience" I can say the timeouts are determined by the
session expiration settings of PHP. Important are the variables

session.cache_expire     (in minutes, default 180) and
session.gc_maxlifetime   (in seconds, default 1440 = 24 mins)

Obviously, the second variable is a bit short, so it is preferable to
increase this value.

Besides, make sure that you have the session save path set to your own
private folder, otherwise the garbage collector might still delete your
session via called with other users' settings on the same server. (see
comments on www.php.net session.gc_maxlifetime for details)

Hope this helps.

Thomas