[pmwiki-users] {$$vars}

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 11:19:45 CDT 2007

--- noskule <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:

> could someone briefly explane  or point me to the
> explanation of {$$vars}

Briefly mentioned on this page:

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageListTemplates

  {$$option}  The argument option values from
(:pagelist:)

In other words, if you create a pagelist with the
following:

 (:pagelist ... text="my special text":)

In your template you can use:

  Text: {$$text}

and you will get the equivalent of:

  Text: my special text

Hmm, I guest this means that we already have
templating built into pmwiki, just not with the
include command!  One could certainly just write a
pagelist that returns a single page (any page, it is
not used) and then do variable substitution on a
template.  Take a look at this:

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Templating

-Martin