[pmwiki-users] OT: Telemarketers without a Clue

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Tue May 1 11:30:13 CDT 2007

I got a call a few secs ago:

May I please speak to the person who does your company websites" (barely
comprehend the English)

-- Speaking

May I have your name, please,

-- I tell him first name

I represent (very halting, lots of space between phrases) (can't
understand company name)

-- Okay (or similar non-committal, I'm listening phrase)

(Lots and lots of pauses here. Either he's being polite and giving me
pauses in which to hang up, or he's having trouble reading the script.
Might be the latter, there was a lot of typing noise in the background)
We are a website consulting company, based in Chicago, gives large
number (like 150ish) sites they've done, international and all!

-- During pause I ask him if he knows what my business is.

He pauses a few seconds and hangs up.

----

Damn. I wish he'd stayed on longer. I wanted to learn more about the
competition.