[pmwiki-users] (:sectionlist:) proposal (was: New template expression markup....)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue May 1 12:11:49 CDT 2007

Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 2:51:47 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Note that I make no representations as to how fast or slow this
> is likely to be, nor am I committing to any implementation or timeline
> for such.  At this stage I'm just suggesting a direction for discussion,
> and indicating the direction I'm likely to head for this.

First and foremost I would like to see an implementation of making
PTVs more general so we can use PTVs in page sections, as in

      {PageName#section$:Date}

and   (:include TemplatePage basepage=DataPage#section:)

Second to be able to use  {$$var} inside the included text.

Only last, but I need to think about this more, a (:sectionlist :)
directive.

Maybe the first two go hand in hand.
They would be incredible useful to build display templates for blogs
and forums and comment pages, of course for any display of data.
For this reason I wish an implementation would come rather sooner than
later. At least come together with the new form processing  you are
working on.

We have not added much in the cookbook in the direction of display
templates, and a core implemetation of data display via templates
would give PmWiki development a great boost and stop fragmented efforts
to do it via special markups etc.

  ~Hans