[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] Announce: pmwiki-social

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:59:45 CDT 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Tegan Dowling wrote:

>> >  Seems there might be a place for starting up a pmwiki social group on
>> >  FaceBook to handle this sort of 'thing'.
>>
>>  There's also 'google groups' which would work well.
>

> Or create a custom "social networking" site (similar to myspace or
> facebook) via www.Ning.com
>
> I'd like to know if other proponents of some kind of pmwiki-social would
> agree that read-access should be limited to members?  Even if we were to
> make membership automatic to anyone who wanted it, we'd still be keeping
> posts out of general public-space search results (unlike posts to
> pmwiki-users), which would be my preference.

Why?  So that you more freely can share personal information? Or what?

(I'm afraid I haven't grasped the purpose of this thing at all, I just
remembered about the google groups thing.)

/Christian

PS. Regarding security issues (as with Zap for instance), would it make
sense to have a list for those kinds of announcements?