[pmwiki-users] Can sections of a page be set up for editting or does it have to be the entire page

Dave Brockman daveb at oz.net
Thu May 3 22:28:37 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Dave Brockman <daveb at oz.net> wrote:
>
>>The Editor wrote:
>>
>>>ZAP can allow you to define anchored sections in a page, retrieve just
>>>the text for that section, edit, and resave it.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>Dan
>>
>>Too late for me. I've got 1355 pages already done.
>>
>>Dave
>

> How are the sections currently defined?  If it's by anchors, ZAP
> should be able to read and edit them.  Doesn't matter how they are
> made.  By default it looks for sections defined by anchors that begin
> with "ID", but I suppose that could be made configurable easy
> enough...
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Sorry. None of this makes any sense. :-) I am too old for this new
stuff. A "section" is defined by a title followed by an edit link. The
contents of the "section" is an included page. Here's some typical
markup for the first section of EpisodePages/Show1:

!! Summary %newwin% [[SummaryPages/Show1?action=edit | %pageactions%Edit]]

(:include SummaryPages/Show1:)

Yes, it's some kind of TV show site. I used the Flexi skin and made it
look real old-fashioned. :-) That is, like it's long established parent
site. All of the Wiki pages were created with shell scripts since user
page creation is not allowed.

Dave