[pmwiki-users] Group passwords\login

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 4 12:40:37 CDT 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 01:23:24PM -0400, IchBin wrote:

> I have been methodically reading through the documentation about setting
> passwords for a single group (GroupAttributes) and giving read\write
> access. I am finding the documentation to be all over the place with out
> any solid top down examples. I mean I start reading one password doc
> page then that points me to a chain of other document pages.
>
>   All I want to do is:
> - Hide all of a groups menu items for a particular Group.
> - Have a login menu Item that  asks for the group read password.
> - Then if validated it displays all of the Group menu items and brings
> up the groups home page.

...One quick question:  By "menu items" are you referring to
the links that typically get displayed at the top right
of each page?

> Any one give me some direction other than using a recipe. Could be me
> but the documentation seems very discontinuous.

It is.  Part of the problem is that there are so many different
approaches to this, and many people write documentation assuming
a single approach.  I'm hoping that some PmWiki magazine articles
will eventually give some clearer examples.