[pmwiki-users] Posting Permission Patterns

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri May 4 14:30:12 CDT 2007

Friday, May 4, 2007, 8:08:04 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> For the approach I'm using, the admin (or recipe) defines not
> only pattern pages, but also the forms and other requirements
> before posting.

> Effectively, the page-pattern array will say "if a page name fits
> this pattern, then *this* is the string check pattern to assume
> is on that page."

> So, if I were using Fox's markup, it would have entries like:

>     'Site.*' => '',               # disallow updates to Site.*
>     'PmWiki.*' => '',             # disallow updates to PmWiki.*
>     '*-Talk' => ':foxappend',     # we can append to *-Talk
>     '/PITS.\\d+/' => ":fox 'formname'"  # we can update PITS.\\d with formname

Hmm, is this perhaps not going too far? At least for what Fox can do
at the moment? Fox will either append or prepend posted content, so
specifying which does not make much difference. And ":fox 'formname'"
as a way of specifying a specific fox form is not really secure, as
one could use any name for formname.

Also it does not provide a way to post to existing or new pages which
have no string check pattern. I think for anything like a forum or a
blog which creates all the time automatically new pages we need to use
no string check pattern for target pages. How would you allow for
these?

That's why I did not want to mix string check patterns with pagename
patterns.

  ~Hans