[pmwiki-users] FW: Installation Quest.: How to pt. web server to pmwiki.php script( thx to Peter/Neil, & Christian)

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:07:42 CDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Karina <texask at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Thanks SO much for your help.
> The site name is:  www.hispanic.org

I just went to http://www.hispanic.org/pmwiki.php and it seems to be
working ..  What exactly are you having problems with?

Heading to the pmwikis directory, however, seems to break things...

> Just to make sure I have this set up right:
> *Root directory has 1 folder: "pmwiki-2.2.0-beta" --> I renamed to "pmwikis"
> **Clicking on "pmwikis" folder: there are the 6 folders: "cookbook,docs,
> local, pub, scripts, wikilib.d" & "pmwiki.php"
> ***I put the "config" file in the "local" folder as Neil directed.(thx for the
> explanation)

So how do you want someone to approach your site?  Do you want them to
be able to just go to :

http://www.hispanic.org

Or :

http://www.hispanic.org/pmwikis

??

> I read most folks have this set up in 10 minutes - yikes!

Depends heavily on the configuration of the server, experience level
of the user, and other factors..  Don't get discouraged, we're here to
help you ...

> I'm pretty unsavvy tech-wise, but, eventually after alot of questions (thx so
> much for your help!)...I'll get it.  I put up a content management system
> based template site a few months ago - i was lost initially!, but now I'm
> fairly passable & can load plug ins as well- as long as not too complex :D
> Hopefully that will happen here too!  Thanks for helping so much!

pmWiki is pretty cool in that once you have it running, you can pretty
much forget about any back-end stuff...  Upgrading is usually pretty
simple too depending on how complex you make the setup.

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com
http://blog.godshell.com