[pmwiki-users] password problem

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Mon May 7 16:40:00 CDT 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 21:12, Marguerite Floyd wrote:
> I just upgraded to 2.2.0-beta35 but now my admin password won't work.
>
> For admin password
>      $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('xxxxxxx');
>
> and for uploads
>       $EnableUpload = 1;
>       $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('xxxxxx');
>
> When I go to the site I get the standard pmwiki page, NOT the password
> page.
>
> Where am I going wrong?

Nowhere. You need to set a 'read' password in order to limit the page viewing,
and an 'edit' password to limit page editing.

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('xxxxxx'); # to view pages
    $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('xxxxxx'); # to modify pages

Next, when you once identified yourself with a password, PmWiki remembers you
and will not reask you untill you close your browser and restart it, or,
untill you log out, by having a link [[Main.HomePage?action=logout]] and
clicking it.

Petko