[pmwiki-users] Category - Links not to include

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 8 10:46:39 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 05:37:35PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> >   [[Category:Something]]
>
> It looks ok. A bit counterintuitive that this link isn't counted when all
> the others are.

InterMap and http-links are never counted as page links.

> It should probably be:
>
> 	Category:	{$ScriptUrl}/{$CategoryGroup}/$1

Yes, this is better.

> Regarding {$ScriptUrl}, is that always a full path including domain name?

PmWiki's official position is that $ScriptUrl is to be a
full, absolute url.

> I've set $ScriptUrl to '/', so the above wouldn't work out of the box for
> me, I'd get:
>
> 	[[//Category/Something]].

InterMap links aren't "substitutions" in the markup -- they act
pretty much like http: links.  But yes, it would end up generating
url targets that look like '//Category/Something', and these
would be incorrect.

But if that's the case, you could also set:

    Category:    /{$CategoryGroup}/$1

and everything would be just fine.  :-)