[pmwiki-users] Page Text Variables Array . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 9 14:33:52 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:27:19PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> On 5/9/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:36:50PM -0400, Ben Wilson wrote:
> >> [...] is it possible to add this function to the core
> >> so that other recipe developers could avail themselves of the
> >> function?
> >>
> >> function PageVarA($pagename,$var,$delm=',') {
> >>     return array_map(trim, explode($delm, PageVar($pagename, $var)));
> >> }
> >
> >I'm going to wait on this particular functionality (page variables
> >as arrays) simply because I want to think about the longer-term
> >ramifications a bit.  It may also be necessary at some point to
> >be able to deal with CSV strings [...]
>
> so, why not directly targeting "standards" like JSON [1]?

1.  Gee, I thought that CSV was a standard.  It's at least
    common enough to warrant its own RFC!  :-) :-)  [2, 3]

2.  JSON seems a bit of overkill for markup text and page text
    variables.  I think something simpler is likely to be better
    here.  And we can always extend to JSON if we need it.

Thanks!

Pm

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON

[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180