[pmwiki-users] {Spam?} Re: pagelist pagination

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat May 12 16:52:19 CDT 2007

Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:22:57 PM, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 04:13:10PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
>> Is there a ready-made way to handle pagelists pagination ?
>>
>> Say a pagelist returns 1.000 entries and you use count=50..100 .
>>
>> How do you create dynamic "previous" and "next" links to tha same pagelist
>> with count=0..50 and count=100..150 ?

> You can't -- yet.  I believe PM is working on this, though whether it
> will make it into the current 2.2 version or have to be postponed to a
> later version, I don't know.

In foxforum.zip the foxforum.php script has a function FoxBreakPageList
to create a breakpage display of a pagelist of pages with forum posts.
This will display a number of pages, set by a $PostsPerPage variable,
and a series of links to the other "subpages".
The function also calculates the parameters for count=$From..$To of
the pagelist.

This works for the ForumX version which uses one page per post.
The pagelist uses fmt=#include to display the posts for one topic.

It may be possible to adapt this for other purposes, but it does not
give "previous" and "next" links, instead a row of page number links,
so you can jump to any pagelist section.

Inspired and adapted from the breakpage recipe.

  ~Hans